Wednesday, July 7, 2010

writing out of the pit

In my mind I am a wretch
Stark reality is filth
Boils of pride, consumed with self
Wreaking violent guilt
Eyes cast down see only sin
Hopelessness enshrouds
Suffocated, choking cough
Engulfed in hell's hot clouds
But then I know You with me
Scandalous meeting here
Holy God to wretched girl
Whispers something in my ear
They are love words soft and pure
Set all my tear drops free
Soothing warmth heals inside out
His blood is liberating me
Blessed power from the throne
Of the One who became sin
Precious presence of His grace
Letting me begin again
Born anew in Spirit life
No longer blistered, bruised and sore
Robes of righteousness now mine
The cost too great to now forget
Or not believe the Truth
Faithful Love is faithful still
Though object is uncouth
Power flows when mind is set
Spirit-fixed is life
Death abounds on days of flesh
Source of crushing strife
Love so steady hems me in
Before and behind
Present, attentive, listening
Eager for me to find
Blessed tomb stands empty still
Though Enemy's contradictory
I spoke with Christ this morning
He's giving me His victory

No comments: