Friday, February 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Trust

I quite literally chuckled when I saw today's writing prompt. Trust.

The last few weeks have been relatively silent here on the blog, and likely in most other ways between me and you, dear reader. I've been wrestling hard with this season: first year of marriage, first year-long deployment. The challenges are overwhelming some days. 

And beyond that there is no one to share it all with. Not all of it. Not fully.

Except Jesus.

In my loneliness, never alone, and learning not only how to trust Him, but how little I do sometimes. Life falls apart all too quickly when my trust is anywhere other than the slain and risen Lamb of God. 

So I'm learning what it means to trust. And all I have today in this process is remembering His scars. Nestling into His wounds. Getting lost in the sacrifice He made for me. Knowing Him. Knowing His heart. Knowing that no matter how deep my wounds may feel, I deserve them to be much deeper. No matter how out of control life seems, the cross shines hope on what makes no sense to flesh.

"All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness..."
Psalm 25:10

4 comments:

Hyacynth said...

Such a hard season of life you're going through. I love how you cling to Him. I pray you feel held and He continues to mercifully build trust in your heart. Beautiful heart cry.

Lisa Maria said...

Hi there... I'm your neighbour on FMF. Sounds like you're going through alot but you've got your priorities right. I wish I'd had your wisdom early in my marriage. Leaning on Him will give you strength and take the pressure off your hubby too.

God bless and have a lovely weekend.

Renae Ashton said...

Thank you for your honesty...I will be praying for you and I do mean that. I am so glad you have the Lord in your life and you are willing to trust Him. Life isn't always easy but with the Lord even the most discouraging circumstances have a way of lifting us up and bringing us closer to Him.

Keep leaning on Him. Proverbs 3:5-7

Anonymous said...

NEVER alone! He is the only one you can cling to, so don't ever loosen your grip. I hope you can find community while you're struggling through this journey.

Blessings!
Katie@Simply[His]