Thursday, February 26, 2009

praise from december

If I had to sing a song for You
One written in my heart
It would be sweet and adoring
To tell how beautiful You are

That You would leave Your throne on High
To mingle with my disdain
So I could wear Your righteousness
Instead of my bitter shame

That You would gladly cover me
As an eagle with its young
And spread Your robe around me
When the redemptive act was done

That You would watch me softly
With Your loving, holy gaze
And caress my cheek with longing
To hold me all my days

That You would waken me each morning
Delighted by each breath I breathe
Drawing splendor from my asking
That You be my everything

That You would meet me on the floor
Where I fall upon my face
To welcome me in Your presence
Where I have found the throne of grace

That You would die to provide a surplus
Of mercies daily new
And raise them with the sun
So I can be with You

For all these and more my gratitude
No language can contain
Nor could all of them combined
Muster the glory due Your Name

So I'll sing with all my passion
And I'll love with all my heart
I'll dance through every day
Until this world I may depart

And it still won't be enough
If I shout until I die
But Your love can't go unnoticed
Like sneezes always close the eye

So here is my small offering
Everything I am and own
Holding nothing back I follow
Where only You have known

No comments: