Saturday, April 10, 2010

playing in the sand


One day last week I sat and watched Liam playing in his sand box. I sighed and chuckled as he began to pour sand into the shoes on his feet. It was really pretty cute.

"You really think that's a good idea, bud?" I asked him.

Of course he was clueless and happy even when it was time to sweep up the mess it made when we took his shoes off inside.

And I wondered how often the Lord watches me and asks the same question. Not over sin or deviation from Truth, but just the silly things that I do. My quirks, my inefficiencies, my sense or lack thereof of style, what I find comfortable. The way I love to step on crunchy leaves or stick my nose inside my parents' freezer just to smell the cold. The way I dance around my room or sing in the car when He is my only audience.

He must grin and ask me daily, "You really think that's a good idea, Kate?" But I know He delights in me more than I delight in Liam. He made us both. He enjoys us both immensely.

He is so sweet.

"The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: