Friday, May 14, 2010

soundtrack of my life

Music is still such a huge part of my life, even though Waumba Land is my only semi-regular outlet for it. I love to look back at the songs that have shaped my thoughts and prayers through the last year.

"Song of the Beautiful" by Christy Nockels

"The one who is waiting
Rising and singing,
'You, Jesus, You are my all.'"


"You Are Able" by Christy Nockels

"You are able
Higher is our God
Than anything that comes our way
Come what may
You alone forever stay
You're able
You are able."


"In Your Hands" by Christy Nockels

"Here's my life
I give it to You
I place it in Your hands...
For so long I have held onto all that I am
(And You gave me all that You have and now I want to give it back)
When all you want is for me to place it in Your hands
(I trust You, I trust You, I trust You, Lord)."



"There's a grace that I've been shown
Now I've got to pass it on..."


"You'll Come" by Hillsong

"I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon You, Lord."


"My Deliverer" by Mandisa

"My Deliverer, You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer, You set me free
Now I'm alive and I can live
And every moment I will give you praise"


"In Christ Alone" by Travis Cottrell

"And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand."


"Desert Song" by Hillsong

"All of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship"


"One Step at a Time" by Jordin Sparks

"It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen
And we find the reasons why one step at a time"


"The Lost Get Found" by Britt Nicole

"So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it"


And the yearlong #1 played, "Reign In Us" by Starfield, still on every playlist.

"You thought of us before the world began to breathe
And you knew our names before we came to be
You saw the very day we'd fall away from you
And how desperately we need to be redeemed

Lord Jesus come lead us
We're desperate for your touch

[Chorus:]
Oh Great and Mighty One, with one desire we come
That you would reign, that you would reign in us

We're offering up our lives, a living sacrifice
That you would reign, that you would reign in us

Spirit of the Living God fall fresh again
Come search our hearts and purify our lives
We need your perfect love
We need your discipline

We're lost unless you guide us with your light

Lord Jesus come lead us
We're desperate for your touch


[Chorus]

We cry out
For your love to refine us cry out
For your love to define us cry out
For your mercy to keep us blameless until you return


You would reign in us

So reign, please reign in us
Come purify our hearts we need your touch
Come cleanse us like a flood and send us out
So the world may know you reign, you reign in us"

No comments: