Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my second marriage


As I laid me down to sleep
Last night I prayed the Lord would keep
Husband and marriage near His heart
To gently craft this work of art

Yet in the stillness as I lay
His whispered voice did softly say
"Remember, Kate, our wedding day,
How I was first your fiance."

As dawned the sweetest memories of
Two decades' worth of Savior love
I sighed a smile of peaceful rest
Nestled on my Husband's chest

Though silly daylight makes it sound
I treasure this dear thought profound
That I was wed at young age 4
To Jesus Christ forevermore

And twenty years into new life
God fit me to be Stephen's wife
And He will fit us ever still
To toil and relish His bright will

So near or far, home or deployed
We've greater hopes to be enjoyed
Beyond this momentary grace
When Jesus Groom is face to face

6 comments:

Meghan said...

wow, Katie, this is beautiful and so encouraging. love you lots!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Katie! I want a signed copy of your first book ;) Love you!

Megan Martin said...

Love this! Do you still have a copy of the poem from my rehearsal dinner? If so, I would love a copy.. precious!

Springjoy said...

Aww...:) Thank you for sharing your heart in this poem. Deployment is tough, but God is faithful to keep true love strong. :)

I hope you enjoy many, many beautiful moments together. <3

Heather said...

This is so touching & uplifting! May the strength from your faithful love get you through any deployment. Thank you & your husband for your sacrifices.

Cheers,
Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

Nicky said...

Such a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it with us. I can only imagine how difficult deployment is, and I this poem captures everything you feel so wonderfully. Happy New Year

http://www.saltandsparkle.com/home/2011/5/30/end-it-well.html