Friday, December 9, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Color

In the last several weeks I have mused over a blogging phenomenon called Five Minute Friday that trends on Twitter. Originating at The Gypsy Mama blog, at least one hundred writers spend five minutes on the topic of the day "Let's just write without worrying if it's just right or not." No editing, backtracking or over-thinking.


So, for five minutes I, along with many other bloggers, have reflected on Color today. Check out The Gypsy Mama and join in!






Color.

This morning on my way down to the parking deck, the sky was ablaze. Beautiful pinks, oranges, gold, blue, all set behind the trees whose color was waiting to be illuminated. Glorious.

Naturally the impression it made on an artist's heart lingers still. And the poignancy comes in the fresh truth that hope is alive, mercies are new, and the Lord is faithful.

Just when I feel as though I am heading into another gray day, the Lord paints the sky for those who are early to rise. And that's the beauty of the sun, or any light really. Nothing illuminated today has any color of its own apart from the light. The clouds were just clouds until the sun rose.

In the same way, my heart is just a heart until the Light of heaven dawns and fills it with richness, love and joy. My life is just another life until the brightness of the Son brings warmth and passion.

"A thrill of hope,
The weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! I love this post. Amen and Amen. I can't tell you how grateful I am that my window faces in such a way that first thing in the morning I can see the sunrise colors on the horizon. On the grey days that gives me a little extra oomph to get out of bed. Glad to find you through Five Minute Friday!

Julie said...

Hi! I'm visiting from 5MF. This is a beautiful post. I love what you said about your heart just being a heart until the Light of heaven dawns on it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Meghan said...

Love this! And YOU!

faith in between said...

This is beautiful! I love your take on {color}!

I assume from your first line that you are an artist in the traditional sense, but I would just like to add that you are an artist with words, too!