Friday, December 30, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Open

Five Minute Friday over at The Gypsy Mama:


GO.

Open.

Open heart.

Open year.

Open hands.

Open ears.

Open spaces.

Open wounds.

Open heart-ache.

Open tomb.

Open floodgates.

Open life.

Open glory.

Open flight.

Openness stirs so many movements in my heart today.

I think of my new, dear friend and so many of us struggling with what comes out of our open hearts as we figure out this thing called deployment.

I think of the year 2012 stretching out before us and all that the closing year has brought. What will You do, Lord, with the year that is now beginning? Do you laugh as we mark so momentously a year that seems as seconds to You?



As I write I'm looking at empty sippy cups left out for drying. When I am open, He fills me up. It may require cleaning out first, but He is faithful.

Overflow my open life, sweet Jesus, with all You are, all You have, all You desire. I could not be emptier on my own. 

STOP.

2 comments:

Hyacynth said...

This was so beautiful. I often wonder what a year looks like to Him, too. Love the flow and the thoughts.

Amy Sullivan said...

Katie,
Open heart-ache and open tomb. Beautiful.

Can't even imagine the word deployment and what it means to you and to spouses like you. Thank you for the sacrifice you make in being an army wife. My prayers are with you today.

Nice meeting you through FMF.