Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Connected

When I realized that today was Friday, Five Minute Friday, I got so excited! So, straight from The Gypsy Mama, herself: Connected.


Ready? Go!


Connected.

For now, nothing entirely deep comes to mind. Only gratitude.

Gratitude for the internet. Gratitude for video-enabled laptop computers. Gratitude for iPhones and airplanes that carry mail across oceans.

My husband is deployed, but because the Lord has graciously allowed us to experience deployment in this technologically saturated era, I get to see his face nearly every day. I can upload videos of his family and friends sending him greetings on a little device that fits in my pocket. I can spend $13 on a package full of Christmas goodies that will (Lord-willing) reach him any day now.

Though a common love for the Lord and subsequently for each other binds us deeper than any wealth of communication ever could, I am so grateful for the added measure of grace that we have these days. 

And when Stephen and I are not connecting well, and even when we are, I am grateful for a Savior who came to earth, lived what we live, and died an unjust death, so that we might be connected to Him forever.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

What a beautiful beautiful post, I love it. I wish you both a Christmas full of blessings. Amen for the internet.

Shanda said...

Grateful the for the internet too and praying for safety over your husband and for peace and joy for you both as you are apart this Christmas. Blessings to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hoping that you're hanging in there with the holiday missing. I now I just 'met' you on the blogosphere, but I remember how hard that first Christmas away was (heck--THIS 3rd Christmas away has been hard for me!) Anyway, I'm praying for you this morning.